Note - If you need to copy/paste one of the below email addresses instead of clicking it, please click the link once before doing so. You won't notice anything, but the correct email address will unlock. This is a anti-spam measure.
We are fast approaching that time of the year when our thoughts turn to finding that perfect gift for that special someone, planning how we will spend our holidays, planning family celebrations and Christmas parties, shopping and everything we consider part of Christmas. We need to spend some time reflecting on the gifts we enjoy everyday thanks to our brave men and women of the Armed Forces and their families.
As you are gathered around the dinner table, remember somewhere there are military personnel thousands of miles from home, away from their family and loved ones.
As you are gathered around the Christmas tree opening gifts and singing Christmas carols, remember there are military personnel thousands of miles from home standing and fighting to protect you and your loved ones.
As you are enjoying the holidays with your family, remember there are families who will never again be with their loved ones. There's an empty seat at the dinner table. Some missing presents under the Christmas tree.
While you are shopping and looking for those perfect gifts remember there are many military personnel and families who may have fallen on difficult times this year and are struggling just to make ends meet.
Operation Christmas Angel is one way to say thank you to the men and women in the Armed Forces and their families for the service and sacrifices they make and endure every day of the year.
This program is designed to provide some much needed hope and Christmas Cheer is those Veterans and Military families who otherwise may not have much Christmas Cheer for various reasons. They may have experienced a recent loss, they may have a family member who is deployed or perhaps just find themselves in difficult situations.
In staying true to the finest traditions of the Patriot Guard Riders we make every attempt to Honor the Members of the Armed Forces and their families who have stood for us, fought for us, and sacrificed for us. With that being said Operation Christmas Angel is just one of our "HOTH" (Help on The Homefront) programs that allows us to fulfill our Mission Statement.
Last year, thanks to the awesome generosity of so many individuals and businesses we were able to bring some hope and Christmas Cheer to over 550 Veterans and military families. This can only be accomplished thanks to the generosity of our Angels.
Make this is a season of hope and goodwill for all. You have an opportunity to be an Angel. What a way to say Merry Christmas and Thank You.
Should you have any interest in being a Christmas Angel, you should know that you are participating in a program that will fill your heart with a feeling of joy in being to help those less fortunate!
Do you know of a military personnel, veteran or military family in need?
Do you know of a group that might be interested in doing a general toy drive? (We always need gifts to complete the wish lists. These general toy drives are very important to the success of this program).
Are you interested in being an Angel?
If the answer to any of the 3 questions above is YES, please contact us at:
If you would rather make a cash donation we have elves that are more than happy to do the shopping for you. If so, please make all checks payable to Patriot Guard Riders-WI and in the memo please indicate Operation Christmas Angel. Please send all donations to:
Patriot Guard Riders 148 Kings Court Dodgeville , WI 53533
Remember, you can also make donations through PayPal on the left side of the WI State web site. Please e-mail the State Captain at
SCREMOVE@patriotguard-wiREMOVE.org when you make a donation as PayPal does NOT notify us.
The Patriot Guard Riders are a 501(c) 3 organization and all donations are tax
We work with the County Veterans Service Officers, Dept. of Veterans Affairs Outreach workers, Military Family Assistance Centers and VA Clinics in the state to identify and verify those individuals who we can bring some Christmas Cheer. After individuals have been identified and verified we begin the process of fulfilling the wish lists. Each individual is asked to submit a wish list and then our elves start shopping. We then get together as a group, wrap gifts and set up our delivery schedule for the week of Christmas.
A few procedural items have changed this year and I want to outline them here so we are all on the same page.
DECEMBER 1ST, 2018 IS THE ABSOLUTE DEADLINE FOR REQUESTS.
- This is a needs based program for any members of our Armed Services who have served or are serving honorably. As such we are asking that you do not apply if you have requested assistance elsewhere.
- Eligible applicants include veterans / military personnel / military families in the State of Wisconsin who served honorably. Active Duty personnel and veterans from any branch of the Military / Reserves / National Guard and military family members qualify so long as there is member of the immediate family who is serving or did serve honorably.
- Anyone requesting assistance must contact their County Veterans Service Officer, DVA Outreach Worker, and or Military Family Assistance Advocate. PGR-WI can only accept assistance requests as provided by someone in one of the listed positions.
- After a request is made to someone in one of the above listed positions, the person in that position will verify the need and provide the requester with a "needs list" which must be filled out and returned. Upon return, the "needs list" will be signed-off on and emailed by someone in one of the above listed positions to:
- Any lists that we receive that have not been verified and sent in by authorized personnel will immediately be dropped from consideration.
- Upon receiving the verified list individuals will be contacted by a member of the Patriot Guard Riders-WI.
- Upon receiving the verified and signed list, the person requesting assitance will be contacted by a member of the Patriot Guard Riders-WI.
- Each year we receive lists requesting clothing with no sizes listed, so be sure that the list is complete as it complicates the process if we have to make calls to verify this information. Our Angels are very busy filling lists so please let's make this as easy on them as possible.
Wrapping Party Details:
Just a note that the Darboy Club serves a great brunch beginning at 10:00 AM and an excellent bountiful buffet for dinner beginning at 4:00 PM. Come enjoy some great food and show our appreciation to the Darboy Club for donating the use of their facility.
- When: Sunday December 16th
- Time: 11:00am until we are done
- Location: Darboy Club Grand Ballroom
- N9695 County Rd. N
- Darboy, WI
- Located on the corner of Hwy N & Hwy KK in Darboy.
Gifts will be delivered Christmas week.
In closing I would just like to thank everyone for your attention to this most worthy mission and ask that you share with your families, friends, co-workers, etc. Tis the season. The more the merrier. Any questions or to volunteer please contact Mark Goebel directly at
operationchristmasangelREMOVE@gmailREMOVE.com or call at 920-851-2600.
Additional information on Operation Christmas Angel: